I've been thinking lately how I've become obsessed with planning and organizing as much as possible, when I'm not being lazy at least. Funny enough, a lot of people seem to dread planning much less packing and I have no idea why. I love it!
I thought I'd make your life a little easier when thinking of what to put together. Keep in mind that this is for a short vacation/road trip.
Clothes I thought I'd make your life a little easier when thinking of what to put together. Keep in mind that this is for a short vacation/road trip.
The 3 most important questions: Where am I going? What am I doing? What will the weather be like? help when choosing what to wear. Since I live in Florida, Fall isn't really Fall here but it does get cold at night and a little windy during the day.
I recommend packing 1 pair of shorts, 2 different pants (1 jean, 1 dressy), a dress that can be dressed both up and dressed casually, biker jacket, 2 crop tops (1 short and 1 long-sleeved), skirt and basics such as v-necks. Bringing a swimsuit wouldn't hurt either.
Shoes
Bring shoes that go with almost or everything that you're wearing just in case you decide at the last minute that you'd rather wear instead.
1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of ankle boots and 1 pair of heels are all you really need as each of these are good for different occasions.
Underwear
The usual bras, panties, spaghetti strap tanks and etc are the essentials of all essentials of course. Always pack a couple extra just because you never know.
Accessories
I usually keep my accessories to a minimum but lately I've been adding a necklace, a ring or two and hats. Pack a little bag specifically for your accessories and include these things.
Bags
Though I'll only be gone for about 4 days, 3 nights, I like to have my options when it comes to what bags and/or clutches.
Other than a medium also large sized luggage to fit everything, I normally have a weekender type of bag with me. In the luggage, I suggest packing two or three choices - one clutch, one cross-body , and one shoulder-bag.
As a "carry-on", the weekender bag filled with the must-haves: makeup bag, wristlet, hygiene and hair products (look out for the next travel related post coming soon for more on this).
This pretty much sums everything up and at least gives you ideas on what to put together. Did I miss something? Do you have a suggestion yourself? Let me know. I'd love to hear it!